Diabetes Management in 90 Days
Blood-sugar levels rise when the human body fails to effectively transport sugar from the blood into cells. At times, the human system falters in its ability to produce or make optimal utilization of the hormone insulin. An unchecked increase in blood glucose eventually leads to Diabetes.
The common diabetes types
- Type 1 diabetes which affects the pancreas by destroying the cells
- Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body becomes insulin resistance and sugar is build up in the body
- Prediabetes is a state when the sugar level is higher than normal but not as high as in Type 2
- Gestational diabetes caused during pregnancy
4 Steps to Manage Diabetes in 90 Days
Diabetes is a chronic disease. One cannot cure a chronic disease like Diabetes with proper medication. But, the severity of the same ailment can be reduced by proper medication and following a healthy regime.
- Exercise regularly – Rigorous work-outs daily can reduce weight and aid the body muscles to use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction. Brisk walking, swimming, running, and biking can increase insulin sensitivity and help muscles to absorb sugar from the blood, thereby reducing the blood sugar level in the process.
- Fibre-rich food intake – Carbohydrates are broken down into glucose mostly and the insulin moves the sugar into the cells. As per ADA (American dietary association), food items with low carbs reduce the blood sugar levels and prevent blood sugar spikes.
Also, vegetables, fruits, legumes which are rich in fibre can keep the sugar level under check. Daily intake of fibre is highly recommended. Men need 38 grams of fibre and women require 25 grams. A high-fibre diet helps in managing type1 diabetes by improving blood sugar control.
- Drink more water – Drinking water at regular intervals helps the kidneys to flush out excess blood sugar through urine. Water rehydrates the blood, lowers the blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Control stress level – Stress is one of the major reasons for diabetes. Practice yoga daily to keep your body and soul calm and refreshing, as well as, stress-free. Also, a good night’s sleep can improve metabolic hormones and keep stress away.
Diabetes is chronic but not fatal if kept under check. Easily manage your diabetes and prevent a spike in blood sugar levels with these 4 steps. With proper counselling and my expert guidance, you can manage diabetes in 90 days.